Becoming a Member
Thank you for your interest in Eugene District OMTA. If you have
any questions or for a membership application, please contact
our current membership secretary, Sandy Hull at email@example.com.
Benefits of Membership
- Subcription to American Music Teacher, the professional journal of MTNA.
- Annual state and national conferences
- Group insurance plans
- Teacher referral service
- Eugene District monthly newsletter, , and bimonthly
issues of the state newsletter, Music News.
- Camaraderie among fellow independent teachers
- Numerous performance opportunities for students including:
- Festival of Popular Music
- Ensemble Festival
- Junior Bach Festival
- District Recitals in May and December
- Spring Theme Festival
- Original Composition Festival
- Student Scholarships and Competitions
- OMTA Syllabus Examinations
- Monthly meetings with emphasis on professional development and
teacher forums. Topics are wide reaching in appeal and have
- The Life and Music of Maurcie Ravel, Lecture/Recital
- Practical Ideas for Group Lessons
- Teaching Students Jazz Piano
- 20th Century Piano Repertoire for Students
- How to Prepare for an Artistic Performance
- How to Present Folk Music to Piano Students
- Two-Piano Recital: "An American in Paris"
- The Beauty of Bach
- Strategies for Successful Teaching
OMTA Membership Eligibility
There are three ways one can qualify for active membership:
- You may join the OMTA as an active member if you hold an undergraduate
or graduate degree in music and have at least two years of music
- If you do not meet this requirement, you may join as a provisional
member and work towards becoming an active member in one of
- Route I: By completing a music degree from a duly recognized and reputable school.
- Route II: By entering students in the OMTA syllabus evaluations (see back of OMTA application).
- Route III: By entering and passing an upper division syllabus evaluation yourself.
Active membership through exceptional merit may also be granted if appropriate.
The Eugene OMTA is a local chapter of the State OMTA, which is
a state chapter of the Music Teacher's National Association (MTNA). To
join the Eugene chapter, one also joins the OMTA and MTNA and
receives the benefits and services of each entity. Membership year runs July
1 - June 30. The fees are as follows:
|Eugene OMTA (District) ||$22.00
|OMTA (State) ||$44.00
|MTNA (National) ||$68.00
|Total fees ||$134.00
|New member materials fee
|Total fees for new members